Thursday, October 14, 2010

Intitle Web Scope View Cam



It took me a while to find a suitable "reflector" for my carbide lamp. Even more difficult it was to the glass front. But after visiting domain and Komma10 I had the parts together then ;-)

This bowl is from domain. The aluminum strips are cut from the next hard drive tray of broken Compaq 386 ;-)

This is the compote bowl "Pompeii" by Komma10 :-)


The aluminum strips to hold the bowl later times ;-)


Here the bowl after the drilling of the holes ...

... and fully assembled compote dish ;-)

The whole lamp I have an old Copper tube stabilized, which should be linked to the reflector.

The blast tube is a bit thinner, but had now also produces another new Specksteindüse. Here in the drilling soapstone ^ without drill.
^


The finished reflector. The top holes are for air intake, the extra hole down to kindling.

Here, the fully assembled lamp. The nozzle this time I glued with silicone. Better safe ;-)
The test run in the garden :-)

Now for attachment to the bicycle. Someone has apparently collected here earlier semi-mounts. Such I have now used for the carbide lamp.

So go ahead, set carbide in the jam jar, water in the tank, drop ...

... and KAWUMM OO Either I've overdone it with the carbide or the drop of water, but the resulting pillar of fire gave me my beautiful compote bowl fried :-( I was just able to jump to page oO Well, a bit of light can be seen still ;-)

So much for my new shade ;-) But for the bicycles and wind down the lamp is really :-) Just cobblestones should be avoided. Here is a photo of the poor compote bowl after the whole procedure:


Somehow, the ever .. brighter. Tomorrow I'll get out to the scrub: - /
Conclusion: There is definitely still room for improvement ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment